DAY 13, JANUARY 14, 2023
I wouldn’t say I like cold weather. Neither does the liquid sunshine that regularly falls here in my part of the country please me, and let me not wake up in the winter and see beautiful dandruff covering my windows.
Dandruff, the snowflakes relaxing on window, vex me, especially. That was until I learned how to Alpine Ski in Austria. If someone had told me that I would have fallen in love with the sport after the first week of a ski trip, I would have said, “you’re crazy.”
I looked to see if I still had my photo with me in my yellow ski suit. Unfortunately, I don’t. My office flooded twice in one year a few years ago, and some of my pictures did not outlive the flood.
I stopped skiing after my husband, and some of our friends went skiing on a very high mountain, and Hans, my husband, returned with six broken ribs. They had wanted me to come with them and give the mountain a try. But I said no because I knew my skills were not advanced enough to go down those slopes. Like I said before in one of my posts, I’ve learned to choose my battles regardless of what kind of battles they may be.
People get insulted and speak words that will hurt you when you do that, but I stick to what I’ve said. Thus, I’m thankful I always have takeaways from my past mistakes.
After his accident, Hans didn’t want to ski anymore. I found that out the following year when planning our ski trip.
Still, I’m not too fond of snow, but I have a heart for those in Europe who look forward to skiing.
It has been a long morning for me. After my routine, I have already completed two new items I have put on my list.
Therefore, my list for today is as follows:
- I am revising the first 10K of my new novel. It usually takes me at least four to six days to fix 10K. I like to send her what I call my final draft so that she understands the direction I’m moving in.
- I have a letter to write. I had decided to wait until after the Challenge, but my gut is telling me to do it now, which is what I will do.
- Answering emails and text messages, Daily
- Attend my writing classes and do my homework,
- Updated Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel on my Mac. (Completed)
- Schedule a Zoom meeting for later. (Completed)
- Do the accounting books for the Romantic Women Fiction Chapter of the RWA.
- Buy gas for my car.
- Go to the drugstore.
Have a lovely Saturday.