DAY 15, JANUARY 16, 2023
I let myself slip slowly into Mondays. I didn’t think I could do that by participating in this Challenge. This morning, I discovered that I’m adjusting. Falling into the week by starting slow on Mondays is still there for me and I’m smiling.
I prefer to avoid being hectic or rushing, especially on Mondays. So, I’ve meditated, had breakfast, read the preface and first chapter of a new book, and taken a forty minutes nap before I came to my office. I admit that I avoid people who start their week with hectic and a million demands they must do immediately.
I’ve learned that avoiding such people prevents me from having headaches and stomach ulcers. Was I always this way? Definitely not! It took searching within myself as I read books that gave me the strength to change. That’s why I like good non-fiction books. They cause you to do a soul check on yourself.
My list for this week will grow. There are items that I still need to add. So, I’m starting with what I have.
- I’m revising the first 10K of my new novel. It usually takes me at least four to six days to fix 10K. I like to send her what I call my final draft so that she understands the direction I’m moving in.
- I have a letter to write. I had decided to wait until after the Challenge, but my gut is telling me to do it now, which is what I will do.
- Answering emails and text messages, Daily
- Attend my writing classes and do my homework,
- Catch up on blog comments,
- Do the accounting books for the Romantic Women Fiction Chapter of the RWA.
Have a lovely Monday.